TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Purchasing a Domain from Renderforest: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Connecting Your Domain: Exploring All Available Options
- Connecting the domain to your website from My Domains page
- Connecting the domain from the website editor page
- Configuring DNS for Extra Records: A Comprehensive Tutorial
Purchasing a Domain from Renderforest: A Step-by-Step Guide
Purchasing a domain directly from Renderforest comes with several advantages that make the process more convenient and efficient. First, you can easily manage your domain and Renderforest website in one centralized location, making it simple to keep track of your online presence. Additionally, Renderforest offers seamless integration, which means you can quickly connect your domain to your website without having to deal with third-party domain registrars.
Now, let's dive into the step-by-step guide on how to purchase a domain from Renderforest.
Navigating to the domain purchasing section: Once logged in, hover over your profile avatar and click on the "Domains" tab located on lower side of scroll down, under My Projects. This will take you to the domain purchasing section:
Searching for and selecting an available domain:
In the My domains page click "Buy New" to get the purchasing section:
Enter your desired domain name into the search bar and hit "Search" icon.
Renderforest will display the availability status of the domain based on your search query.
Click "Get now" if you see it available:
If the domain is already taken Renderforest will offer a list of available similar domains. Browse through the list and choose the domain that best suits your needs by clicking the "Get Now" button next to it:
Completing the Purchase: After selecting your desired domain, you will be redirected to the purchase page.
- You will need to fill in several necessary sections in order to register the domain: Registrant, Administrative, Technical, Billing
- Review your order to ensure the correct domain is listed,check and price and then click "Buy Now":
Connecting Your Domain: Exploring All Available Options
Once your purchase is complete, you'll receive a confirmation email with details about your new domain. To access the domain management dashboard, go back to your Renderforest profile avatar and click on the "Domains" tab located on lower side of scroll down, under My Projects. You should now see your newly purchased domain listed under "My Domains." From here, you can manage your domain settings and connect it to your Renderforest website.
Connecting the domain to your website from My Domains page:
Before diving into the process of connecting your domain, it's essential to understand the differences between connecting a domain purchased from Renderforest and one purchased elsewhere. When you purchase a domain directly from Renderforest, the platform automatically handles the necessary DNS configurations for you, streamlining the connection process. In contrast, when using a domain purchased from a third-party provider, you'll need to manually set up the DNS records at the domain registrar to point to your Renderforest website.
Now, let's explore the steps to connect a Renderforest-purchased domain:
Once you are in you "Domains" page, you can connect your domain to a website with 2 simple steps:
- Choose the domain and click Connect to Website
- Select your website from the list and click "Connect"
Connecting the domain from the website editor page:
Here's a step-by-step guide on how to connect your domain from the website editor page:
- Enter the website editor from your websites page
- Go to the Settings
- Select Domain from the opened window
- Click My domains
- Select the domain from the list and click Choose:
You will see your domain name automatically inserted into the URL field.
- Click Connect to finalize the process.
- Do not forget to publish the site, in order to have the changes applied to your website.
Configuring DNS for Extra Records: A Comprehensive Tutorial
In some cases, you may need to configure additional DNS records for your custom domain. These records can help you set up email services, subdomains, or other third-party integrations.
Once you are in you "Domains" page, you can manage DNS settings for your domain.
- Choose the domain and click Manage
- Choose DNS from the tabs
- Add a new DNS record: Select the type of DNS record you want to create from the dropdown menu.
Common DNS record types include A, CNAME, MX, and TXT. Consult your email service provider or third-party integration documentation for specific instructions on which record type to use.
- Enter the record details: Fill in the required information for the DNS record you are creating and save it
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article